Saturday, July 13, 2013

direct dan indirect beserta contohnya


Direct and Indirect speech beserta contohnya

Modal
Direct speech
Indirect speech
Can + infinitive
Could + invinitive
May
Might
Must
Had to
Now
Than
Today
That day
Tonight
That night
Yesterday
The day before/the provius day
Last night
The night before/the proviusing
… ago
… before
Tomorrow
The next day / the following day
The day after tomorrow
In the following
Here
There
Thise
That
These
Those

1.    Present continus (direct)
Subject + is/am/are + verb + ing
to
past continus (indirect)
subject + was/were + verb + ing

Example :      D : he said, “I am going tomorrow”.
                        I  : he said that he was going the following day.
            D : tika said, “she is being angry to me”.
             I  : tika said that she was being angry to me.
            D : mira said, “we playing playstation today”.
             I  : mira said that they were playing playstation that day.

2.    Simple present (direct)
Subject + verb 1
            To
Simple past (indirect)
Subject + verb 2

Exp :  D : Budi said, “ I know him”.
            I  : Budi said that he knew him.
            D : mira said, ”I watch TV every day”.
             I  : mira said that she watched TV every day.
            D : vani said, “ my mother cook in the kitchen every morning”.

             I  : vani said that her mother cooked in the kitchen every morning.

 3.    Simple past (direct)
Subject + verb 2
            To
Past perfect (indirect)
Subject + had + verb 3

Exp :   D : the boy said, “I must go to now”.
             I  : the boy said that he had go to than.
            D : ami said, “he left an hour ago”
             I  : ami said that he had left an hour before.
            D : fajri said, “I never smoked”.
             I  : fajri said that he never smoked.


 4.    Present perfect (direct)
Subject + has/have + verb 3
            To
Past perfect (indirect)
Subject + had + verb 3

Exp :   D : very said, “ I knew him”.
             I  : very said that he had known him.
            D : mira said, “I have read the magazine”.
             I  : mira said that she had read the magazine.
            D : aldy said, “ I have been very busy lately.
             I  : aldy said that he had been very busy lately.


5.    Present future (direct)
Subject + will + ver 1
            To
Past future (indirect)
Subject + would + verb 1

Exp :  D: he said, “ I will be here tomorrow”.
            I : he said that he woud be here on the next day.
            D : she said, “we will go dinner now”
             I  : she said that they would go dinner than.
            D : anita said, “I will help you this month”.

             I  : anita said that she would help you that month.